cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743I6-EVAL2 USB HID not working

Gabriel T
Senior

Hi,

I load a basic HID program in ST Cube IDE which is working perfectly on NUCLEO-H743ZI2

With the eval board, when i plug CN18 USB to my PC it says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

I can't find where it is coming from, any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gabriel T
Senior

The issue was related to ST Link debugger it was somehow disabling DFU. I tried without ST link connected to PC and it worked fine

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Gabriel T
Senior

I fixed it but when i jump into bootloader i cant get the DFU port, do I need to do some kind of DeInit or Reset before jumping into bootloader

TDK
Guru

You need to reset everything back to the state it was in at startup. This includes resetting the USB peripheral, disabling individual interrupts.

https://community.st.com/s/article/STM32H7-bootloader-jump-from-application

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Gabriel T
Senior

Even if i use this function at the very beginning of my code i cant detect any DFU Device with Cube Programmer

my code :

int main(void)
{
  /* USER CODE BEGIN 1 */

/* USER CODE END 1 */

/* MCU Configuration--------------------------------------------------------*/

/* Reset of all peripherals, Initializes the Flash interface and the Systick. */
  HAL_Init();

/* USER CODE BEGIN Init */
  Bootloader_Jump();

Gabriel T
Senior

It seams i must unplug the power supply between each bootload if i want the DFU port to appear, very uncommon

Gabriel T
Senior

The issue was related to ST Link debugger it was somehow disabling DFU. I tried without ST link connected to PC and it worked fine