Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F042K6 flash loader problem

murat1
Associate
Posted on September 11, 2014 at 14:33

Hi,

We started to use SMT32F042K6 microcontroller. I need to download program via serial port. So I am tring to use flash loader demonstrator v2.6.0.

First of all, I connected my board to PC via FTDI virtual com port device hardware in Boot mode. (115200br, 8bit, even, 1stop, no flow) I send &&sharp16;0x7F from a terminal program and I received 0x79 (ACK). I saw all bootloader commands which are describe AN3155 can be sent and received return messages.

When I run flash loader demonstrator, it says ''target is readable, Please click the next to proceed.''. When I click the next button, I saw

* Target combo box is empty

* PID: 0445

* BID: NA

* Version: 3.1

So I could not select MCU and I could not continue.

I decided to use STMFlashLoader.exe from command line to deal with this problem. I sent 

''STMFlashLoader.exe -c --pn 20 --br 115200 --db 8 --pr EVEN --sb 1 --ec OFF --co OFF --to 5000'' to set serial port. I received OK message.

Then I sent,

''STMFlashLoader.exe -i STM32F0_Low-density_32K''

or 

''STMFlashLoader.exe -i STM32F0_32K''

everytime I receives 

''Activating Device    [KO]

No response from the target, Bootloader can not be started.

Please, verify the bootmode configuration, reset your device then try again.

Please, reset your device then press any key to continue.''

When I run STMFlashLoader.exe in command line, I already checked serial port activity. The program (STMFlashLoader.exe) do not send any data via serial port until error message.

How can I fix the problem? Is there any way boot the MCU via serial port?

#bootloader #stm32f0-flash-loader
1 REPLY 1
sergey239955_st
Associate II
Posted on September 14, 2014 at 12:43

Hi,

I have the same problem with L0 controller series.

The point is that FlashLoaderDemo 2.6 doesn`t support these new targets, because it wasn`t updated so far. If you look at map folder in FlashLoaderDemo there are map files for each type. You can see that map file for your device_id is not present there.

I tried to make a map file by hand for my case. In principle this should work as soon as you write right addresses, paging scheme etc...

I am in progress at the moment.