cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 Nucleo-F767ZI Ethernet Port Not Working

ab_nurd
Associate II

Hello,

I have already tested a Webserver on Nucleo-F767ZI and it was working until yesterday.

Now I am unable to get Ethernet communication working. When a LAN cable is connected I see that only orange LED of RJ45 connector of nucleo is on. The green LED is neither on nor blinking and in code I can see that Ethernet link is not up.

Since my code already worked, I think that the problem lies in the hardware. I tried with couple of cables and connecting to different ports but the result was the same. How can I get the Ethernet working again?

Edit 1: The orange LED on RJ45 gets on as soon as the board is powered up and it stays on irrespective of LAN cable connection.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

4 REPLIES 4
ab_nurd
Associate II

Hi,

I tested the board with the firmware mentioned in the above link but there was no communication on ethernet.

Thanks,

Abhijeet

Since that firmware works for everyone else, indeed it seems you have a hardware problem. The orange LED ON means that the link is up, but the green LED OFF means the speed is 10 Mbps. Check the cables and equipment on the other side. It should be noted that ST's link detection code is broken... But my demo firmware works with any 100/10 Mbps speed and full/half duplex mode combination.

ab_nurd
Associate II

It looks indeed a hardware problem. Orange LED permanent on means link is up but this is not the case. I always detect that link is down in code. The LED is on irrespective of cable connected.

The code had worked before so I assume that I have broken the hardware. As far as I remember, I had connected the board to one device on the network, after which LED status changed and thereafter it never worked. I don't understand what exactly went wrong.

Any tips for fixing hardware?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijeet