cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating ESP8266 wifi module with STM32F429IGT

Vivek Rajamanickam
Associate II

Hi,

I am trying to integrate ESP8266 wifi module with microcontroller ( STM32F429IGT). wifi module (ESP8266) is not responding. when I send the AT command i am receiving the same AT command which I sent instead of getting response message.

Please help me with this issue

19 REPLIES 19

So have you actually looked at the documentation to find what "NO TAIL" means?

Hello Andrew Neil,

I have removed LF and tried still no results. But when I push the UART data while establishing the connection with CloudMQTT the UART data is been successfully published but I can publish this data only once after that, it is disconnecting. I am getting socket error message in my MQTT log. And I can see this data only in my MQTT log not in the Websocket UI.

How to publish the data continuously from my esp8266 without disconnecting.

I have attached the code and log info for your reference

Regards

vivek

Hello Andrew Neil,

I have removed LF and tried still no results. But when I push the UART data while establishing the connection with CloudMQTT the UART data is been successfully published but I can publish this data only once after that it is disconnecting. I am getting socket error message in my MQTT log. And I can see this data only in my MQTT log not in the Websocket UI.

How to publish the data continuously from my esp8266 without disconnecting.

I have attached the code and log info for your reference

Regards

vivek

You seem to be making the all-too-common mistake of just blindly sending commands separated by arbitrary delays.

This is like driving a car with your eyes shut, relying only on time delays for when to turn the wheel!!

https://www.avrfreaks.net/comment/2139451#comment-2139451

Have you tested your command sequences manually - using a terminal - before trying to code them on the STM32?

Hello Andrew Neil,

Thanks for your reply. Like you said instead of waiting for the delay I processed every AT command only after getting the response. And now it works fine.

But when I send the data from Microcontroller to MQTT. MQTT recognize the data only if i send it in HEX format. I tried sending in other formats but MQTT not receiving the data.

In what format do we need to send the data to make MQTT to recognize it

That has nothing to do with the STM32 - you need to study the AT Command documentation and/or your MQTT service documentation for that.

As always, investigate & practice first by sending stuff manually from a terminal. Once you have that working and understood, then you will know what to implement in the STM32

while publishing the data we can easily send the UART data to MQTT but while subscribing the MQTT Topic do we have to send the data from MQTT( I mean from server) in HEX format or any other format to make make our controller to understand and read the data. or STM32 controller will read the data in any format coming through wifi RX were wifi receiving the data from MQTT.

Because when we subscribe the Topic in STM32 we cannot receive any input.

Again, that has nothing to do with the STM.

Your ESP-01 neither knows nor cares what it is connected to - it simply receives stuff, handles it as described in its documentation, and sends responses as described in its documentation.

So, again, the thing to do is to experiment by typing stuff manually, and observing the responses you get.

Once you know what to do manually, then implement that in your STM32.

Hello Andrew,

We thank you for all your answer.. Finally we succeeded in receiving and transmitting data via MQTT using ESP8266. Now we are trying to integrate our microcotroller with 5" TFT LCD display which has OTA7001 (Driver) & OTD9960 (controller) . When I use the GUI code I can only change the position of the text I cannot change the size of the Font. Also I cannot access the touchscreen.

Do we need to install any driver to make LCD to work properly for the touchscreen and the font size

Good to hear that you got it working.

How about sharing the secret(s) for the benefits of others who may come here in the future with the same question?

Your LCD question is a whole new topic - unrelated to this discussion - so start a new thread for that.