cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have stm32f439zi linked to pc via usb, i am trying to read data from it and then send it to other unit

HBALI.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

This question is lacking relevant details. Edit your post and add relevant information in the Details section.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
HBALI.1
Associate II

thank you

i just need to know if it's possible to get data from pc to stm32f439zi USING USB not UART

Yes. You'll need to write code that implements a virtual com port on the USB. It is considerably more complicated than UART. Here is one example.
https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/tree/2f3b26f16559f7af495727a98253067a31182cfc/Projects/STM32469I-Discovery/Applications/USB_Host/CDC_Standalone
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Why would you even need to confirm this, don't the specification say it supports USB?

Writing application code might be more challenging.

YES, As USB VCP or MSC Device would have examples

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0\Projects\STM324x9I_EVAL\Applications\USB_Device\MSC_Standalone

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..