cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect a removable sim (not truphone) with B-L462E-CELL1? Some AT commands don't work neither in X-Cube-Cellular nor by talking with the modem directly through USART3.

SPere.2
Associate III

I've been trying to connect the modem for weeks (Not the truphone sim, a removable one). I would like to connect by talking with the modem directly (through the AT commands), however I have also tried the X-Cube-Cellular.

Some AT commands don't work neither with X-Cube-Cellular, nor the code where i speak directly with the modem through USART 3. These commands are in the documentation, yet they don't work.

0693W00000GVtWNQA1.png 

Could you help me? I don't know if there is any way to update de modem, to know all AT commands in the documentation? Could you help me with the steps to connect a removable sim (not truphone) with or without X-Cube-Cellular?

2 REPLIES 2
S.RA
ST Employee

Dear SPere.2

To use a plastic SIM card, you just need to insert you SIM card and let run X-CUBE-CELLULAR to configure the APN by default to register to the network.

If you are not able to attach, please share the trace you have seen from the terminal to understand better the issue.

With X-CUBE-CELLULAR, normally you do not need to enter any AT command to modem since X-CUBE-CELLULAR will do it for you. The only case where you need to enter AT command is when there is a need to setup a specific configuration of the Modem.

Best Regards

Solofo

Aeh1
Associate II

Dear S.RA How to config APN for plastic sim card? Is it embedded is source code or by using AT command?

I'm Thailand and couldn;t be able to register to Truphone even in their support list.

Always

ATCModem:NetworkState (EPS) = REGISTRATION_DENIED

Now I want to use sim card from TRUE (Operator in Thailand)

Best Regards,

Virut