cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H743BGTx USB CDC no enumerating and not working

tliao.1
Associate II

CubeIDE: 1.51, FW: H7_V1.8.0

In the experience of using the F4 series, there is no problem in setting the CDC mode. But this time, the H743BGTx MCU setting cannot be successful, and the computer USB is not listed. The USB initialization is successful without any error message, but there is no response.

I also try other usb device type but same problem. (without error but no response.)

Does anyone know how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tliao.1
Associate II

solved this problem.

I'm so stupid, forgot that VDD3v3_USB pin connect to VDD.

thanks 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Ons KOOLI
Senior III

Hi @tliao.1​ ,

Please refer to the STM32CubeH7 Firmware Package, under directory: Projects\$Board_Name$\Applications\USB_Device\CDC_Standalone

Best Regards,

Ons.

tliao.1
Associate II

solved this problem.

I'm so stupid, forgot that VDD3v3_USB pin connect to VDD.

thanks 

Is there any problem with the code generated by the cubeMX?

I use the latest version HAL_library (v1.8.0), and it seems that past errors have been corrected (ex: HAL_PWREx_EnableUSBVoltageDetector)

But it still does not work properly for me.

It seems that Vbus is not detected, and the USB communication cannot be established. The signal d+, d- always low,

because the communication is not possible, so the computer cannot enumerated or display unknown devices?

The example project code of CDC_Standalone_FS is similar to the code generated by the cubeMX.

After comparison, I found that the DEVICE_ID is defined differently (in usbd_desc.h), but this does not seem to be enough to cause the problem?

Are there any other suggestions? I have tried for nearly two weeks... still unsuccessful

thanks

Hi @tliao.1​ ,

No, there is no problem with the code generated with STM32CubeMX. The FW I provided was just for reference and alignment.

Can you try to run the project of the CubeFW I provided and inform me if it works for you. Because it should work, and just to make sure that the problem is in the code and not in the HW part.

Best Regards,

Ons.

still in problem. I try to disable the Vbus sensing function. expect the d+(PA12) signal should be pull high but nothing happened even connecting to PC. what reason will cause that ? I also use the same setting with H745-disco, but the cdc mode work very well.

I have checked the hardware look like no problem, because the usb layout connection is simple. I also try floating the vbus(PA9), d-(PA11), d+(PA12) to observe the pin status in cdc mode but d+ still in low(disable usb sensing).

I am sure the GPIO PA9, 11, 12 are not broken, set to output mode and toggle pin work very well. I have no idea how to do for next? any advice for it. I am using the H743BGT6;REV:V(LQFP208)

P.S

I also try other usb device mode. ex HID, MSC, but.... same situation that the d+ always in low.