cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not correctly received message when porting user application through SBSFU on custom board

kirtiraje
Associate II

Hello,

I am trying to port SBSFU functionality on NUCLEO STM32F767ZI board. I am referring  STM32F769I Discovery board project  (image 1 project: single slot variant) from the examples available. I have followed the steps mentioned in the UM2262 and AN 5056 for porting SBSFU and User application to custom board. 

I have successfully uploaded the SBSFU firmware to the STM32F767ZI board and able to see the "Secure boot and Secure firmware upload screen" on Tera term. I am trying to upload the firmware through the Y Modem, the file upload starts and showing 4.7% on the screen as shown in attached image and suddenly the upload window gone. I am getting "File not correctly received"  message on the screen as shown attached image.

Following changes I made in the use application firmware.

1. Updated the BSP packet required for my STM32F767ZI board

2. Updated the startup file for my STM32F767ZI board

3. Modified the UART settings : used UART3 instead of UART1

3. Compile the user application project and generated .sfb file uploaded through Y Modem protocol.

4. I have also checked out the linker file mapping_fwimg.icf and the Active slot 1 address, which looks correct to me and did not modify.

Both the reference board and custom board has same flash configuration as seen in the datasheet. So no modification done on that too.

Can some one help me to figure out what could be wrong in the process or in the user application .sfb file?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kirti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kirtiraje
Associate II

Hello ,

This issue of "File not correctly received" is resolved by just changing the serial tool. I have used PuttyExtra tool instead of Tera term. 

The explanation of the error codes are mentioned in the UM 2262 and it says that the issue with the Y modem protocol transfer. So I changed the tool and it worked.

Thanks,

Kirti

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
kirtiraje
Associate II

Hello ,

This issue of "File not correctly received" is resolved by just changing the serial tool. I have used PuttyExtra tool instead of Tera term. 

The explanation of the error codes are mentioned in the UM 2262 and it says that the issue with the Y modem protocol transfer. So I changed the tool and it worked.

Thanks,

Kirti