Posted on January 06, 2010 at 12:10

Bugs in USB OTG library

#usb-stm32
40 REPLIES 40
daviddavid940
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 13:30

Hi Niko,

I reported the previous bug to Microsupport, and they are informing the maintainers. I will look into this one also and try and report on the same ticket.

Martin.

sheldon
Associate II

I don't know much about USB, but I thought there would have been more help available for this chip. Even with the onboard peripheral, there sure is a lot of extra code required! It doesn't help that the STM32_OTG_LIB.pdf file is very very sparse on details for beginners! And why is their demo project in binary form?

I'm trying to do a basic FAT file system on a USB memory stick. I thought this would be a basic project, but I'm getting lost in Atmel's USB code. I'm using Chan's FAT (http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html), so I just need to implement a few functions:

Has anyone had luck doing something similar?

daviddavid940
Associate II

Hi All,

These 2 bugs have been reported the MCU support europe. I am told this will be fixed in the next release.

Cheers,

Martin.

daviddavid940
Associate II

Hi Sheldon,

I believe the stack itself is 3rd party, which could explain absence of source code (except for the driver). From memory it may be Micrium's, but it does not mention that in the docs.

Atmel's USB code? (Do you mean ST maybe 🙂 )

Which compiler are you using?

Cheers,

Martin.

niko2
Associate II

When is ''next release'' going to be? Please make sure that isochronous endpoints work in both directions.

Thanks.

sheldon
Associate II

Hi Martin,

Yeah - I meant ST. I just finished another project with an Atmel uP 🙂 I'm using IAR for this project.

I just had an Arrow Sales Rep give me the rundown on the Stellaris family of processors - and after going through their demo with a USB flash drive and full source code, I'm starting to wonder if I should switch.

So is it going to be that much work to get USB MSD with a FAT driver on this processor without using an RTOS?

daviddavid940
Associate II

Hi Sheldon,

I don't know how difficult this would be to write, but my instinct tells me a USB analyzer would be usefull :). I am trying to obtain a bit more information about this, and will post when I have found out more.

Martin.

mugita
Associate

Hi,

I have problem in porting usb driver to STM32F105RCT.

The situation details  wrote to google doc of Following URL,

and send question to st-micro technical support now.

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dfnf3mhx_41nk8bwdf9

stefanofante9
Associate II

Do you know the schedule for the release of new USB libs?

Nickname12657_O
Associate III

Dear all,

We are planning to fix this corner case  in our next release on STM32105/7 devices USB peripheral device examples, and it would  be scheduled for April 2010.

Cheers,

STOne-32.