cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access FDCAN Bootloader from Application

VRana.1
Associate

I am working on a STM32H725IGT microcontroller. I need to update the application code running on it over FDCAN, I have read through the AN5405 document, and set my application's FDCAN1 settings to be similar to those mentioned in AN5405. I need to switch to FDCAN bootloader from my application,as the BOOT pin is not accessible, thus i went through this piece of code https://community.st.com/s/article/STM32H7-bootloader-jump-from-application and added it as a command to be executed once a certain CAN message is received on FDCAN1 line. From AN5405, What I derived is that the nominal bitrate is 250kbps, and data bit rate is 1mbps with a sampling point of 81 and 80% respectively, when FDCAN bootloader is running. I am using a Ixxat USB to CANFD converter to talk to the microcontroller board. When set up on a 250/1000 speed setting with 80% sample point for nominal and data segments, I am able to communicate with my application code, and run the command which is supposed to take the board into bootloader function. My application code has FDCAN running on PD1(FDCAN_TX) and PD0(FDCAN_RX). Once I send the command to be switched to bootloader (which is being executed successfully as I am in a active debug session using STM32CubeIDE ), I can no longer communicate with the microcontroller, As i tried sending the GET command, I got TX|Form error for a reply on the CanAnalyzer 3 software. Is there anything which I am missing? I can attach necessary details promptly as I am in search of quick resolution

0 REPLIES 0