cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 displays gibberish on Tera Term

BMcKnight
Associate II

Hi,

I recently got the X-NUCLEO-IKS01A3 MEMS inertial and environmental expansion board. I followed the Getting Started with X-CUBE-MEMS1 video to set it up using an STM32F446RE NUCLEO-64 board.

Everything went perfectly.  No errors or warnings during debug. 

Connected it to COM9:STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual Port (COM9), clicked OK, and the screen fills with gibberish.

BMcKnight_0-1707796235924.png

Any ideas what could be going on?

Thanks in advance.

-B

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @BMcKnight 

Can you check that your tera tearm configurations (Baudrate, ....) are compatible with your UART configurations.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @BMcKnight 

Can you check that your tera tearm configurations (Baudrate, ....) are compatible with your UART configurations.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

BMcKnight
Associate II

Additional information:

I found a PDF presentation after I posted my question that had the necessary information.  Baud rate should be 115,200.  Tera Term defaults to 9600.

It also showed that the screen size should be 45x25 instead of the default 80x24, and that RCV should be set to LF, instead of CR.  Once I made those changes, it worked perfectly.

The Getting Started video didn't include that information.  It just showed a slide that said to hook it up to a terminal emulator.