cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the STM32F103CBT6 life cycle?

xwang.6
Associate III

ST(Semiconductor) chip STM32F103CBT6, NRND(NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS) notice information has not been found on the website, how long is the remaining life cycle of this chip?

When is the expected date FOR the manufacturer to notify NRND(NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEW DESIGNS)?

The ST official website found the promise of 10 years of supply, but now it has been 16 years of supply;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @xwa

As you can see Here, the STM32F103CBT6 is still active!

In fact, in order to know whether any product will still be available or not,

Check this link of the product longevity, as u an see in the picture below :

The Starting date of Longevity Commitment of this product is January 2022, so count 10 years from this date.

0693W00000Y9SliQAF.png 

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Simon.T
ST Employee

Hello @xwang.6​ ,

I already answered to a similar questions, you can see it following this link: Can you please let me know the longevity of part STM32F303ZET6 ? I can see as till 2032 in website. Can you please confirm the same?

BR,

Simon

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @xwa

As you can see Here, the STM32F103CBT6 is still active!

In fact, in order to know whether any product will still be available or not,

Check this link of the product longevity, as u an see in the picture below :

The Starting date of Longevity Commitment of this product is January 2022, so count 10 years from this date.

0693W00000Y9SliQAF.png 

Hope that helps!

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

xwang.6
Associate III

Thank you very much for your answer。

xwang.6
Associate III

Is the life cycle of the part LSM6DSL similar to STM32F103CBT6?

Following this table :Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) - iNEMO inertial sensors and modules - STMicroelectronics. It seems that this LSM6DSL is no part of the 10 years commitment.

However you are un the MCU community forum so I have not so much information. If you want more information, please contact the customer support dedicated to the LSM6DSL.

xwang.6
Associate III

0693W00000Y9T8hQAF.png

xwang.6
Associate III

LSM6DSL is also a 10-year commitment, according to its website

I think you are misreading the table. The 10-years description below is a legend and not for the whole table. So following this table only industrial product has the 10-years commitment.

0693W00000Y9TF9QAN.png

xwang.6
Associate III

You are right. Thank you very much!