cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F407G-Discovery1 doessn't power up

bkneer
Associate II

Hi,

I've just received a new STM32F407G-Discovery1 board from a German electronic supplier Reichelt.de.

I've connected the board with my PC (and tried also my MacBook) but the board is not recognized by the computer and doesn't power up.

A test with my ESP32 board showed that the USB port is working well.

Is there anything I could check on the board (e.g. jumper J1 is closed and if I got it right the discover jumpers are also set) or did I get a defect board.

Thanks

Bernhard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bkneer
Associate II

Hi, 

thanks for the fast reply. Just figured out that I have to use the USB mini connector one the other side to get it working. What is the micro USB for?

Thanks

Bernhard

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @bkneer and welcome to the ST Community 😊.

I suggest you to try using a data cable (not a charging cable) and different usb port on the PC. Also, you can refer to the UM1472 for more details (specially parts 5 and 6.1). 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

bkneer
Associate II

Hi, 

thanks for the fast reply. Just figured out that I have to use the USB mini connector one the other side to get it working. What is the micro USB for?

Thanks

Bernhard

TDK
Guru

Are you connecting with CN1?

Any LEDs coming on? What is LD1 doing?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

@bkneer wrote:

What is the micro USB for?

For USB OTG. The board can be used as a device and/or host. The USB mini is for the ST-Link debugger and also a power source.

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.
bkneer
Associate II

Hi,

after I found an old mini USB cable I was able to power the board and the LEDs are on. Connecting then the micro USB I could also see the the USB is connecting.

Next step is to find out how to configure STM23CubeIDE to download a simple program. 😉

Thanks for the fast response

Bernhard

Hello @bkneer 

You can refer to the UM2609 to understand how to use the STM32CubeIDE. If your problem is solved, close the post by choosing a best answer.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.