cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-Link gets stuck - when connection is lost during flashing

JJRR
Senior

Hi,

I use ST-Link V2 and CubeProgrammer_CLI.exe for programming STM32. Unfortunatelly sometimes during programming the connection between MCU and ST-Link is lost. If this happen there is a high probability the ST-Link stays in some weird stuck state and then I have to unplug/plug it from USB.

The same behaviour can be seen when using CubeProgrammer.exe

Is there any solution how to restart it without having to unplug it?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​,

Could you please specify the MCU you're using as well as STM32CubeProgrammer version.

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Aziz BRIGUI​ ,

I use the last version of CubeProgrammer for windows (but I know this problem is long lasting...), also I think it doesn't matter the type of MCU, but I can see it on STM32F103, STM32L0xx.

Maybe I could try it with ST-Link V3...

Aziz BRIGUI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​,

I understand your frustration, I apologize for the inconvenience.

However, the more information you share the easier it is for us to reproduce/diagnose the root cause of the issue. You said that sometimes, the connection is lost during programming. Could you share a setup where this happens (ST-LINK FW version, binary file you're trying to download, steps to reproduce...). Also, are you building a custom board or are you using one of STs?

I am counting on your contribution :D.

Thanks,

Aziz

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.