cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared SWCLK pin with boot0 pin. Would I need to connect NRST too?

Sahiru
Associate II

Hi,

I am fairly new to the STM32 family. I am trying to program my STM32G030F6P6 with a ST-Link V2. I am using the TSSOP-20 Package varient.

However when I try to upload even a very simple program I get this error.

"Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to start GDB server

Failed to start GDB server

Error in initializing ST-LINK device.

Reason: (4) No device found on target."

So I was looking through forum posts and everything and it came to my attention that my boot0 pin is shared with the SWCLK pin. I found out one forum post says that I need to connect the NRST pin too in these type of situations. But in the datasheet I could not find a clear answer to that. Can you please comment on this and share your insights please. It would be a great help.

• I have configured the Serial Wired and everyting in the setup.
  • I know the ST Link V2 is working because I can flash my Bluepill and other STM32 MCUs with it.

0693W00000GY6onQAD.jpgBest Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sahiru
Associate II

I tested all the connections again, reheated the chip, connected the NRST, and update the STlink firmware. Now I can upload. Thank you so much for your help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

If the SWD pins are in SWD mode, all you need to connect are SWCLK, SWDIO and GND. BOOT0 being shared with SWCLK doesn't change things here. Note that since PA15 is shared with PA14, you need to keep PA15 uninitialized if you want to use SWD.

Can you connect with STM32CubeProgrammer?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Sahiru
Associate II

Thank you for your quick answer.

I was refering to this post about the NRST connecting to the STLink. I am just trying to upload a bare minimum code with nothing. I have just initialized Serial Wire and that is all. No, PA15 PA14 are not configured as GPIO or anything.

I will try using the STM32CubeProgrammer. Installing now. 🙂

Thanks again. I will post my results

Sahiru
Associate II

I tested all the connections again, reheated the chip, connected the NRST, and update the STlink firmware. Now I can upload. Thank you so much for your help

Fadi.Albaghdadi
Associate III

I have a question, what was the problem.