cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming STM32F103ZET6 or STM32F105VCT6 for the VERY first time (using ST-LINK utility)

Isoux
Associate III

I have experience with several types of classic boards with STM32 microcontrollers (NUCLEO, Blue Pill...) that immediately connect with the stlink-v2 and st-info --probe command showing the characteristics of the controller and after that flashing is successful...

I recently bought the above mentioned two controllers and a boards (LQFP144/100 SMT to DIP Adapter PCB Board) where I soldered them with the necessary capacitors between all the VDD and VSS contacts. I properly connected SWDIO and SWCLK to PA13, PA14 pins, NRST to VDD over 10k resistors even boot0 over 10k resistors to VSS (This is how I noticed on all the schemаtics). There is no way I can read the microcontroller or flash it, although in addition to st-info and st-util, I also used STMCubeProgrammer and a linker on the Linux and Windows systems.

Result:

st-info --probe

Found 1 stlink programmers

serial:   6e78010132124647524b4e00

hla-serial: "\x6e\x78\x01\x01\x32\x12\x46\x47\x52\x4b\x4e\x00"

flash:   0 (pagesize: 0)

sram:    0

chipid:   0x0748

On one site I found detailed instructions on how to program the new STM32f103c8t6 for the first time. Nothing special is stated there and I did it all and I don't succeed at all.

I found almost nothing on Google that would help me except for someone to mention somewhere to "Pay special attention to the pull-up resistor on the TDO line", (PB2 ?).

Is there any useful advice or experience?

0693W000004IRZAQA4.jpg0693W000004IRYqQAO.jpg0693W000004IRYRQA4.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
Isoux
Associate III

You were right, after I connected VDDA to VDD it worked (and without a 10uf capacitor but I will definitely install it in further development).

Thanks again a lot and sorry for my behavior.

Isoux
Associate III

The problem is solved!

The downside was that I didn’t connect VDDA to VDD because I felt it wasn’t necessary if I didn’t use ADC.

after I connected VDDA to VDD it worked.

No big deal. Glad you got it working.
You may also want a 0.1uF on NRST to avoid spurious resets due to noise.
If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Isoux
Associate III

The problem is solved!

The downside was that I didn’t connect VDDA to VDD because I felt it wasn’t necessary if I didn’t use ADC.

after I connected VDDA to VDD it worked.

Isoux
Associate III

Certainly, thank you very much once again!

0693W000004IRiMQAW.jpg0693W000004IRiRQAW.jpg

Isoux
Associate III

Even weirder but positive experience, the second board in the picture with STM32F103ZET6 has only one capacitor between pins 144 and 143 and of course connected VDDA to VDD and works as well.

So as I assumed and tried to tell you, capacitors are not too necessary for the controller to simply try to connect to stlink as I wanted and considered that capacitors are not a problem as it turned out but unconnected VDDA to VDD in my case.

Isoux
Associate III

0693W000004IRjyQAG.jpg