cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo-F767ZI No ST-Link detected.

Feni Brian
Associate

So I have a Nucleo-F767ZI development board and I wanted to try out some applications on it but unfortunately once I try opening the debugger it gives me a "no st-link detected" error message. I have a Mac running running the latest version of macOS.

How can I go about this since I can't seem to find any answers related to Mac users. Any help is duly appreciated.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Check cables, jumpers, usb device access rights etc. A lot of people use Nucleo-F767ZI and ST-Link with success, so the problem is on your side.

Clark Sann
Senior

I have the same problem with a new MacBook Pro, latest software, but using a STM32F411E-DISCO board. Cables are obviously connected, jumpers on board are installed, the USB works for every other application.

Clark Sann
Senior

@Feni Brian​ I had a very similar problem as yours. I just found I had a bad cable. The old cable was a charging cable, not a data cable... or maybe it was a bad data cable. When I tried a different cable, it started working. I am now going to order a USB-C to USB-mini cable so I do not have to use an adapter.

Feni Brian
Associate

Thanks indeed, I was a bad USB cable. Once I switched to a better cable, I was straight forward from then on. I hence advise any other Mac user reading this to first do the same and then see if there's any changes. Always try a data & POU (power over USB) cable, not just a power cable.