Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greyed interface in ST-Link Utility

B C
Associate II
Posted on April 11, 2018 at 17:05

Hello everyone, 

I am having issues with ST-Link utility. Whenever I first launch it, everything looks fine, but if I try to change something in the settings (such as 'connect under reset') and then I press OK, the settings are greyed and if I open them again it says : 'Old ST-Link Firmware/ST-Link is already used' while it's the most recent firmware (V2 J30 S7).

I don't really know what I can do right now ..

Thank you in advance !

#st-link-utility #st-link-v2-1 #stm32-f1
12 REPLIES 12
Posted on April 16, 2018 at 14:01

Yup, it's connected to the Button 1, so I've tried starting the board with the button 1 pressed (i.e BOOT0 high), but nothing changes ..

Are the filters I linked to you on my last screenshot not causing any issue ?

Posted on April 16, 2018 at 15:14

The tasks at hand were to create a comprehensive list of Upper/LowerFilters installed/used on the machine, DELL has some diagnostic/diagnosis tools that has been problematic in the past, to run the device on NOTADELL brand computer to see if the problem followed the board rather than not. Perhaps you have a friend or work colleague with a different computer?

You indicated you messed with the debug interface pins, the BOOT0 method should avoid things your code may have done to misconfigure them. You introduced this as a possibility. I don't own the board in question.

Think about what changed in the system between the time it did work and now.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on April 16, 2018 at 15:17

I checked the different tensions on the board and there are some weird things (VCC on the JTAG port is 170 mV instead of 3V ...) Basically I think a short circuit happened in the power supply chain. The components in there are overheating and give wrong output values...

I guess this board is done, thank you for your help anyway !