cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when generating noise(EMC test) system goes down

vzout.1
Associate

Hi,

We build a IC board with STM32G0 and ST25 NFC/RFID tag. It use also an EMI (AN5248) (I²C, Timers are used on the STM32). Reading Tag is OK. But when generating noise(EMC test) on SCL and tag is detected at the same time, the system goes down. ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R95-VMD5T uses SPI for serial communication with the MCU so "I2C does not work anymore" seems mysterious to me.

Can you precisely describe your hardware setup?

On FW side, do you use ST RFAL library to drive the ST25R95 or your own code? Have you tried to connect a debugger on the STM32G030 MCU to check whether the MCu is in abort etc.?

Can you connect a logic analyzer on the SPI (CLK, MOSI, MISO, SS) and IRQ_OUT and provide a trace?

Thanks

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which ST25 tag is being used?

which reader is being used? ST25R95/CR95HF reader ? Reader on X-NUCLEO board or on Discovery board?

Which part of the system goes low? Tag or reader? and what do you mean by "goes low": abort handler? reset? etc??

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi,

This is a ST25R95-VMD5T on STM32G030C8T. I mean, after reading tag while generating noise on SCL, the system does not respond anymore. Even for reading another tag. The I2C does not work anymore. And timers are broken configuration.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25R95-VMD5T uses SPI for serial communication with the MCU so "I2C does not work anymore" seems mysterious to me.

Can you precisely describe your hardware setup?

On FW side, do you use ST RFAL library to drive the ST25R95 or your own code? Have you tried to connect a debugger on the STM32G030 MCU to check whether the MCu is in abort etc.?

Can you connect a logic analyzer on the SPI (CLK, MOSI, MISO, SS) and IRQ_OUT and provide a trace?

Thanks

Rgds

BT