cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STSW-ST25SDK001 ST25DemoApp Example Issue

MaoFeng
Associate II

Good afternoon, currently I want to write a simple NDEF File in the tag's EEPROM by using ST25R3916-DISCO kit.
I will attach the guide pdf, "ST25PcDemoApp_software_guide" at below for reference.

I faced this problem after I added JARs into "Java Build Path" under Libraries.
The JARs are in the file provided by STSW-ST25SDK001 which included:
"commons-lang3-3.5.jar", "st25pc-model-readers-1.10.0.jar", "st25sdk-1.10.0.jar" and "st25pc-model-readers-1.9.0".

However, "st25pc-model-readers-1.9.0" doesn't come with "st25sdk-1.9.0.jar", so I tried to use "10" instead.
I'm unsure if the guide is using 1.9.0 because it was not stated clearly.

The guide says that after I add the JARs, I should be able to see the public API displayed in the Eclipse Project (page 20) , but I don't see any API is displayed.
Instead, under the "Referenced Libraries folders", I was able to see the packages.

May I assume that the packages data was not passed to the Eclipse IDE software thus they're not synchronized and the API won't be displayed?
OR
Might due by the e(fx)clipse or Eclipse IDE version difference?

I added the highlighted code (page 24) from the guide to the MainApp.java but there were few errors showed (photo attached: import packages cannot be resolved.png), such as, "The import com.st.st25pc.model.rfReaders cannot be resolved".

Regardless I used my java project or the given "st25PcDemoApp example" inside STSW-ST25SDK001 File, both showed the same errors.
Now I can't import the wanted data into the MainApp.Java, so I was unable to write a simple NDEF File into the tag.

Take note: I was facing some problems while downloading the softwares. I followed "ST25PcDemoApp_software_guide" and the links given are not directly jumped to the download page, where I took some times to find the correct softwares to download. Thus it might cause that I downloaded the wrong version for the softwares.
My JavaFX version is 8.0.141.

Please provide some suggestions or where I can make changes to improve my work. Thank you so much for your helping!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This case has been routed to our online support center for direct support.

Regards,
Jake

ST Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hello MaoFeng,

thanks for providing a detailed question.

From your screenshot it looks like the STReader library locations have not been specified in the Java Build Path settings. Check that the Libraries tab contains the correct path to the st25sdk and reader libs (to use with ST's ST25R95, ST25R3911B-DISCO and ST25R3916/B-DISCO boards) as shown below:

DamienG_0-1700843744246.png

I invite you to check the st25demoapp Eclipse project in the integration\pc\examples\st25PcDemoApp directory.
This project runs the same code as in the user guide and you will be able to check the library paths in the Java Build Path menu.

You can find the latest ST25 sdk version (1.10.3 today) at: https://st.com/st25sdk

Best regards,
Damien

Good evening Damien, thank you for the reply.

I downloaded STSW-ST25SDK001 from the link you provided, and I had discovered some errors after I launched st25DemoApp.

The original file was using 1.9.0 jar, it will show there're missing libraries

build path problem.png

So I changed to 1.10.0 jar and tried to run the program again and it showed me a new error, 

New Errors.png

I'm using ST25R3916 Discovery Kit, may I know will this reader work with the code if I ran it successfully?

Jacob WOODRUFF
ST Employee

Hi All,

This case has been routed to our online support center for direct support.

Regards,
Jake

ST Support