cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25TA RFAL password management

DScio.1
Associate

Hi all,

I'm currently developing an application with an X-UNCLEO-NFC03A1 evaluation board on an STM32L4, in order to write and read some NDEF messages on some ST25A02/16K that i have, protecting them with the 128 bits password.

For starter, I'm running the STM32L476RG_NUCLEO_PollingTagDetectNdef example and noticed that all the communication with the tag runs through the rfal_t4t.c module, but it lacks of the functions (available instead on the rfal_st25xV.c module) used in order to set/present the read/write password of the NDEF fields.

Am I missing something or it's just a lack of implementation? I'm trying to "fill this void" (should be instruction code 0x20) but i'm really getting lost with all the layers.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Dario,

see https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000027DWIOSA4/trying-to-present-read-password-or-present-write-password-fireware-st25r3911b for similar question.

Basically, the NDEF middleware implements the NFC Forum NDEF Detect, NDEF Read and NDEF Write procedures. Password management is not specified by NFC Forum and therefore those NDEF procedures do not implement password management. Anyway, the modified ndef_t4t.c file provides password management support. See function ndefT4TPollerManageAccessRight. Feel free to modify/adapt/change to fit with your needs.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Dario,

see https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000027DWIOSA4/trying-to-present-read-password-or-present-write-password-fireware-st25r3911b for similar question.

Basically, the NDEF middleware implements the NFC Forum NDEF Detect, NDEF Read and NDEF Write procedures. Password management is not specified by NFC Forum and therefore those NDEF procedures do not implement password management. Anyway, the modified ndef_t4t.c file provides password management support. See function ndefT4TPollerManageAccessRight. Feel free to modify/adapt/change to fit with your needs.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
DScio.1
Associate

Thanks a lot, that worked like a charm!