Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 discovery board, DFU not found GUI problem "not working"

ADSB
Associate III

Dear ST Community,

I hope you are doing great.

I am having a trouble to run the GUI of ST25R3916 discovery board on my machine, I have windows 10 operating system, I tried to reinstall the included drivers (with the GUI), but the GUI is not able to recognize that the reader is connected to my PC. In the device manager when I connect the board I am getting the following drivers in my list:

• Universal Serial Bus Devices --> ST-link debug
  • Ports (COM and LPT) --> STMicroelectronics STLink Virtual COM Port

Also I have used dfu-util to check if my system can identify the DFU, but It can not. I tried different PCs, but all have windows 10 OS. I am getting the same problem in all of them.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

you need to connect the micro-USB plug and press the User button while powering. Only then it enters USB mode. This is also described in the user manual.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

you need to connect the micro-USB plug and press the User button while powering. Only then it enters USB mode. This is also described in the user manual.

Regards, Ulysses

Thank you very much,

this worked out.

I just wanted to mention that it is not clear in the user manual that the user button has to be pressed.

Many thanks again for your help.

Hi to all,

i have a similar problem: i want to connect the STEVAL-25R3916B  to the discovery gui but, but this doesn't find /recognise the eval board.

I connect the mini-USB , and during the power on , i press the user button and the display shows me that the board is in USB mode. Then i launch the SW but it isn't connected to the eval..

In the device manager i find only a virtual com STlink, no more... is it enought?

i just already try to use micro-USB, mini-USB, then also togheter, changing the JA settings but without any good results

please help me 

thanks

antoinesrvt
Associate II

Hey,

Got the same error (ST-Link detected instead of STM device on DFU mode) and still can't get any solution on my 2 day researchs.

Is there someone who know how to resolve this issue ?

@logantenna do you have the solution now ?

Oh and I tried using the ST-link utility to make some test but I'm still not able to switch of device mode 
And yes I am only connected with the USB port and the board's screen show the USB mode

Thanks,

Antoine, for Kuvee