cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

st25r3911b - simple code

Alihussain Vohra
Associate III

I am using st25r3911b. I got the firmware package from ST website but the code is to heavy. It is sending data on USB or either UART but I don't want to use that. Can I get a simple code where I can get only interrupt and NFC TAG ID?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which Firmware package have you downloaded from st.com?

1. Sources of STM32L4 based firmware for ST25R3911B-DISCO STSW-ST25R002
  2. X-CUBE-NFC5
  3. The ST25 Embedded NFC library STSW-ST25R-LIB

1/ is intended for ST25R3911B-DISCO and has an USB communication with a host PC running a GUI

2/ and 3/ are intended for X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and demonstrate a NFC polling among other features. It is a good starting point for customer development.

ST25R devices are NFC frontend and therefore the NFC protocol layers have to run on a host MCU (i.e you cannot expect to simply get an interrupt and read the tag UID). The firmware provided in the various package is by default enabling all the NFC technologies. Through the platform.h file, you can disable the technologies you do not intend to use and this will reduce the code size. The embedded documentation provides the FLASH/RAM size for the various modules.

Feel free to provide more information about your application(e.g. which NFC technologies do you need to support) and your platform ( MCU type, FLASH/RAM size, etc.)

Rgds

B

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which Firmware package have you downloaded from st.com?

1. Sources of STM32L4 based firmware for ST25R3911B-DISCO STSW-ST25R002
  2. X-CUBE-NFC5
  3. The ST25 Embedded NFC library STSW-ST25R-LIB

1/ is intended for ST25R3911B-DISCO and has an USB communication with a host PC running a GUI

2/ and 3/ are intended for X-NUCLEO-NFC05A1 and demonstrate a NFC polling among other features. It is a good starting point for customer development.

ST25R devices are NFC frontend and therefore the NFC protocol layers have to run on a host MCU (i.e you cannot expect to simply get an interrupt and read the tag UID). The firmware provided in the various package is by default enabling all the NFC technologies. Through the platform.h file, you can disable the technologies you do not intend to use and this will reduce the code size. The embedded documentation provides the FLASH/RAM size for the various modules.

Feel free to provide more information about your application(e.g. which NFC technologies do you need to support) and your platform ( MCU type, FLASH/RAM size, etc.)

Rgds

B

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.