cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several question of implemeting st25r3917 to read ISO144443-4 card

LCHAN.41
Associate II

Hi there,

I am a beginner of using customize board to build a project for reading a ISO 144443-4 card .

Due to the environment require a higher power output of the reader, therefore i chose ST25R3917 as my rfid SOC. But during the firmware developing stage, i am still confuse while reading the data sheet.

First question for the glance, could ST25R3917 support reading ISO 144443-4 card, which protocol should i config? My goal for this project is read as much imformation from the card as possible, like the UID, CRC etc.

Next question, about just reading the card(not involve writhing or other function), which command should i use? After sending a command , according the datasheet of st25r3917, i should reading the fifo output as long as i can ,right?

Thanks for taking time to read my questions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I would recommend to use the ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R016) that provides Reader to Tag communication examples on top of an RF/NFC Abstraction Layer (RFAL) API.

See for example the polling demo in Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\Applications\X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1\polling.

Regarding your questions:

• could ST25R3917 support reading ISO 144443-4? Yes
  • which protocol should i config? Just use "RFAL_NFC_POLL_TECH_A" inside the RFAL API
  • which command should i use? The UID is automatically retrieved in the polling demo. For tag commands, you'll have to refer to the tag datasheet where the supported commands are described.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

I would recommend to use the ST25 embedded NFC library (STSW-ST25R016) that provides Reader to Tag communication examples on top of an RF/NFC Abstraction Layer (RFAL) API.

See for example the polling demo in Projects\STM32L476RG-Nucleo\Applications\X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1\polling.

Regarding your questions:

• could ST25R3917 support reading ISO 144443-4? Yes
  • which protocol should i config? Just use "RFAL_NFC_POLL_TECH_A" inside the RFAL API
  • which command should i use? The UID is automatically retrieved in the polling demo. For tag commands, you'll have to refer to the tag datasheet where the supported commands are described.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.