cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID: Stock Checker for a retail display rack - suggestions?

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Views: 12

I have an enquiry to enable a retail display rack with an RFID stock check facility.

The display rack something along these lines:

(not the actual design - I just stole that picture off the internet)

Each "pigeon hole" contains 1 sale item, to be RFID labelled.

Up to 100 "pigeon holes" 

Any suggestions for suitable RFID technology / product(s) / antenna arrangement to achieve this ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello Andrew,

unfortunately I cannot see any image - please pm that image to me.

Nevertheless your application sounds like an smart shelf application for which I suggest to use Rain (UHF) RFID technology.

Depending on the size of the rack multiple (multiplexed) reader antennas might make sense. Check out Times-7 antennas as they offer flat UHF antennas which could possibly placed at the back of the rack.

For the Rain (UHF) RFID reader the corresponding product would be ST25RU3993. In case you are not interested in designing your own reader there are several module makers on the market that offer modules based on the ST25RU3993 reader IC.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello Andrew,

unfortunately I cannot see any image - please pm that image to me.

Nevertheless your application sounds like an smart shelf application for which I suggest to use Rain (UHF) RFID technology.

Depending on the size of the rack multiple (multiplexed) reader antennas might make sense. Check out Times-7 antennas as they offer flat UHF antennas which could possibly placed at the back of the rack.

For the Rain (UHF) RFID reader the corresponding product would be ST25RU3993. In case you are not interested in designing your own reader there are several module makers on the market that offer modules based on the ST25RU3993 reader IC.

Cheers,

B

Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

Thanks- I'll try again with the image:

0690X000006DXhwQAG.png

The actual display is a more "stylised" shape; basically oval ~ 6' high and 3' at the widest, with items in ~ 3" x 2" pockets

Bart Herse
Senior II

Hello Andrew,

looks like the rack is made out for metal which makes things a bit more complicated. If the design is not yet finished/defined then it would be better to avoid metal as much as possible to save on antenna cost.

Cheers,

B

As noted, the picture is not the actual unit (the forum doesn't help by hiding most of the post).

It won't be metal!