cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pi wrapper for the st25ru3993 hpev : 'pythread_create' is undefined

AChap.2
Associate

I am trying to compile the python wrapper for the st25ru3993 hpev to the raspberry pi but get errors saying 'pythread_create' is undefined.

0693W00000Kd41GQAR.pnghere is a picture of the errors.

I am trying to compile the python wrapper for the st25ru3993 hpev to the raspberry pi. When I run the python demonstration it says the dll is missing. I goto compile the wrapper, but I am getting these errors. I have tried to fix this with the -pthread and -lpthread flags but neither of them seem to work. Its possible i am doing it wrong, but I think this is correct.

0693W00000Kd42xQAB.pngAny help would be appreciated I have spent hours trying to fix this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello AChap.2,

checked now the STUHFL wrapper VS2017 project and you are right the Release/ARM configuration has this issue.

The Debug/ARM configuration in VS2017 and also the makefile for GCC, which is also included in the SDK, works fine.

If you want to use the VS2017 project to do a release ARM build for the STUHFL wrapper shared object for your RPI you need to add the -pthread switch to both the C/C++ and Linker "Additional options". Also the target name and extension must be modified to generate libSTUHFL.so instead of STUHFL.out. For the filename and extension modifications please have a look to the Debug configuration in section "General"

BR

Nick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello AChap.2,

checked now the STUHFL wrapper VS2017 project and you are right the Release/ARM configuration has this issue.

The Debug/ARM configuration in VS2017 and also the makefile for GCC, which is also included in the SDK, works fine.

If you want to use the VS2017 project to do a release ARM build for the STUHFL wrapper shared object for your RPI you need to add the -pthread switch to both the C/C++ and Linker "Additional options". Also the target name and extension must be modified to generate libSTUHFL.so instead of STUHFL.out. For the filename and extension modifications please have a look to the Debug configuration in section "General"

BR

Nick