cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SR64 NFC IC and peer to peer (p2p) communications

Vandermyer
Associate II

Hi All!

I hope this is not too much of a dumb question, but does the M24SR64-Y NFC IC (on the b-l475e-iot01a evaluation board) support peer-to-peer NFC comms.?

If it does, is there any library code to assist in this? The code in en.stm32cubel4_v1-18-0 doesn't seem to support p2p (or have I missed something?)

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

M24SR64-Y is a dual interface tag device supporting I2C and NFC RF interfaces. As far as I know, the RF communication cannot be tunneled to the MCU through I2C and thus peer-to-peer is likely not supported.

Peer-to-peer is supported on ST25R3916/16B reader devices and a demo of a simple P2P exchange between 2 ST25R3916/16B boards is available in the ST25 embedded NFC library.

Feel free to share more details about your application so that we can better support you.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Vandermyer 

You can use the NFC functions in this drive to create your application ( I can't find a ready to use exemple for P2P).

Best regards.

II

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

M24SR64-Y is a dual interface tag device supporting I2C and NFC RF interfaces. As far as I know, the RF communication cannot be tunneled to the MCU through I2C and thus peer-to-peer is likely not supported.

Peer-to-peer is supported on ST25R3916/16B reader devices and a demo of a simple P2P exchange between 2 ST25R3916/16B boards is available in the ST25 embedded NFC library.

Feel free to share more details about your application so that we can better support you.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Vandermyer
Associate II

Thanks for those replies. Both seem to confirm what I thought - P2P not possible with the M24SR64-Y NFC IC.