cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C Addressing in ST25DV64KC

Nishi
Associate

Hello,

I'm using ST25DV64KC NFC to communicate with Raspberry Pi 4 Model 4 over 12C. I would like to access static registers from I2C, and is a bit confused on I2C addressing. Looking the data sheet of ST25DV64KC, to access GPO register (System configuration area), the I2C address should be 0x AF as per following addressing scheme.

Device Type :- b7-b4:- 1010 

Chip Code   :- b3|b2|b1 :- E2|E1|1 - 111, E1 is 1for System Configuration Area, 0 for others.

R/W      :- b0 :- 1 for R and 0 for W :- 1 as we are reading the register

10101111=0xAF

However, i2cdetect returns 53 and 57 as the i2c address as shown below

i2cdetect -y 1

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f

00:             -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

50: -- -- -- 53 -- -- -- 57 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

I was expecting AF instead of 53 and 57, looks like i'm missing something here.

Thanks,

Nishi

This discussion has been locked for participation. If you have a question, please start a new topic in order to ask your question
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Nishi, to the community!

you have been confused by the shifting of the address bits. Read this thread, for example, where @TDK has explained this.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Nishi, to the community!

you have been confused by the shifting of the address bits. Read this thread, for example, where @TDK has explained this.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.