cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have designed a board that uses the CR95HF-VMD5T and am using SPI to communicate with it. I cannot find production qtys of this. Is the ST25R95-VMD5T a drop in replacement since I am not using the UART feature of the CR95?

JdeLa.11
Associate

I know that it is the same package and pinout, but will my firmware just work when I move to this part? Thanks a lot, John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see Differences between ST95HF and ST25R95 for details about  ST25R95/CR95HF differences.

As UART communication is not used in your application, the CR95HF can be replaced by the ST25R95.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

see Differences between ST95HF and ST25R95 for details about  ST25R95/CR95HF differences.

As UART communication is not used in your application, the CR95HF can be replaced by the ST25R95.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks so much for the quick reply.