cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using ST25R3911DISCOComm.dll and the lib in a QT application. Using MSVC 2019 32-bit configuration I am able to get my application running using the 'Debug' sub-configuration only. If I use the 'Release' the application crashes immediately.

TOzya.1
Associate II

I am using ST25R3911DISCOComm.dll and the lib in a QT application. Using MSVC 2019 32-bit configuration I am able to get my application running using the 'Debug' sub-configuration only. If I use the 'Release' the application crashes immediately. My suspicion is that this is due to the DLL. Is this correct? Can you point me in the right direction so that I can compile for 'Release' target?

Also it would be very helpful if you could add a library for 64-bit targets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TOzya.1
Associate II

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I figured out the issue.

I was pointing to the install directory where the *.lib and *.dll were residing from QT. There are also bunch of other DLLs in that directory. When I isolated the DLL in its own directory the problem went away. I am not exactly sure why, but this fixed the problem for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
LREGN.1
Associate II

Sorry for this problem. Could you provide me the software version of Disco3911 application available in Help->About menu.

The dll is delivered in 'release' version and should work with 'debug" and 'release' configuration of the dllDemo application.

Concerning the 64-bits targets, unfortunately there is no plan to do that for the moment

Regards

TOzya.1
Associate II

The software version is 1.2.12.0.

I may definitely be doing something wrong, but I was able to verify the crash went away in release build by just removing a few lines of code using the resources and the linking directive in the *.pro file. The fact that it does not crash with debug mode does not help with debugging at all either. I looked to see if there is anything that could be of value in the debug output, but nothing stood out. If you could help with this issue it would be a great help. Otherwise I need to figure out a way to create installers with the debug build just to accommodate this demo board.

LREGN.1
Associate II

So your version is up to date. I there is no confidential issue, could you please zip me your project for trying to debug it in my side ? This dll should be able to work properly in release & debug mode and if not I need to fix it.

TOzya.1
Associate II

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I figured out the issue.

I was pointing to the install directory where the *.lib and *.dll were residing from QT. There are also bunch of other DLLs in that directory. When I isolated the DLL in its own directory the problem went away. I am not exactly sure why, but this fixed the problem for me.

LREGN.1
Associate II

Ok, Happy to ear that your problem is solved. Don't hesitate if you have another problem.

Regards