cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to program fast transfer mode with X-NUCLEO boards

DSant.2
Associate II

Hello,

I want to send data from a X-NUCLEO-NFC07A1 (ST25DV board) to a X-NUCLEO-NFC06A1 (ST253916 board) through Fast Transmission Board, as suggested here:

Fast transfer mode vs NDEF&EEPROM

I've found that there are two different set of functions to use FTM. One is using ST25FTM library, as explained in AN5512, with examples in the STSW-ST25R-LIB

i.e. to send data there exists this function:

0693W00000NsESJQA3.pngThe other one comes with the X-CUBE-NFC7, with functions named as "NFC07A1_" that are wrappers to functions named "ST25DVxxKC_"

i.e. to send data there exists this function:

0693W00000NsESOQA3.pngWhich ones are I am supposed to used? Maybe some of them are legacy and other are newer?

Thank you,

Dani

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hi Dani,

X-CUBE-NFC7 example projects show you how to use the ST25DVxxKC Fast Transfer Mode using the mailbox with low level RF commands.

The STSW-ST25R-LIB FTM library adds a simple stack protocol that you can reuse to transfer entire data buffers. This same protocol is used by the Android NFCTap software.

However, the FTM is supported on the X-NUCLEO-NFC04 board only for the moment (using ST25DVxxK instead of the newer ST25DVxxKC). Support for the NFC07 in the NFC Lib should come before the end of this year.

If you cannot wait, you may check the AN5633 application note that explains the small differences between ST25DVxxK and ST25DVxxKC programming of the registers.

Best regards,

Damien

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Damien G.
ST Employee

Hi Dani,

X-CUBE-NFC7 example projects show you how to use the ST25DVxxKC Fast Transfer Mode using the mailbox with low level RF commands.

The STSW-ST25R-LIB FTM library adds a simple stack protocol that you can reuse to transfer entire data buffers. This same protocol is used by the Android NFCTap software.

However, the FTM is supported on the X-NUCLEO-NFC04 board only for the moment (using ST25DVxxK instead of the newer ST25DVxxKC). Support for the NFC07 in the NFC Lib should come before the end of this year.

If you cannot wait, you may check the AN5633 application note that explains the small differences between ST25DVxxK and ST25DVxxKC programming of the registers.

Best regards,

Damien