cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To kill a TAG ?

GPaiv.1
Associate III

I try to Kill a TAG, I'm using different configurations but don't obtain a different answer.

I believe if a Kill a Tag, It's not more possible for my reader to identify her, but after I using the kill command my Tags still read by my reader.

I want to understand whats means the parameters RFU and RECOM in the struct of the kill. What the values that parameters expected?

What means the error "ERR_GEN2_REQRN"?

0693W00000BcU7sQAF.png

Best Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hi GPaiv.1,

did you assign a kill password before sending the Kill command? The Kill command does not work for a zero password.

RFU means reserved for future use. The kill command has a 3 bit wide field which is called RFU and these bit shall all be zeros.

RECOM is a dormant piece of code as in the latest Gen2V2 or ISO 18000-63 standard recommissioning of tags is not supported anymore.

ERR_GEN2_REQRN defines the return code in case an error happens while sending the ReqRN command.

Cheers,

B

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Bart Herse
Senior II

Hi GPaiv.1,

did you assign a kill password before sending the Kill command? The Kill command does not work for a zero password.

RFU means reserved for future use. The kill command has a 3 bit wide field which is called RFU and these bit shall all be zeros.

RECOM is a dormant piece of code as in the latest Gen2V2 or ISO 18000-63 standard recommissioning of tags is not supported anymore.

ERR_GEN2_REQRN defines the return code in case an error happens while sending the ReqRN command.

Cheers,

B