cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear all, we are using the ST25DV04K_IER6C3 EEPROM with energy harvesting, however from the begiining the EH is deactivated and has to be activiated with the PC Software -is there a possibilty that the EH mode is allwoed from beginning? Thanks Christian

CLemb.1
Associate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

There is two ways of activating energy harvesting:

• dynamically enable/disable energy harvesting, using the dynamic register EH_CTRL_Dyn
  • enable/disable energy harvesting at boot, using the static configuration register EH_MODE

In your case, if you want to enable energy harvesting at boot (energy harvesting will be delivered as soon as the field power is strong enough), you need to write 0 in the EH_MODE static register. This can be done by RF or I2C. You first need to open the corresponding security session by presenting the right password (RF password 0 or I2C), then from RF, send a Write Configuration command at address 02h with value 1, or by I2C, write 01 at address 2002h. The EH_MODE static register is non volatile.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JL. Lebon
ST Employee

​Hello,

There is two ways of activating energy harvesting:

• dynamically enable/disable energy harvesting, using the dynamic register EH_CTRL_Dyn
  • enable/disable energy harvesting at boot, using the static configuration register EH_MODE

In your case, if you want to enable energy harvesting at boot (energy harvesting will be delivered as soon as the field power is strong enough), you need to write 0 in the EH_MODE static register. This can be done by RF or I2C. You first need to open the corresponding security session by presenting the right password (RF password 0 or I2C), then from RF, send a Write Configuration command at address 02h with value 1, or by I2C, write 01 at address 2002h. The EH_MODE static register is non volatile.

Best regards.