cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Reading/Writing in ISO 15693 Standard with NFC: ST25DV64KC and PN5180

KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hello, I want to perform data read/write operations using NFC. However, I have some concerns due to NFC standards. ST25DV64KC and PN5180 module both adhere to the ISO 15693 standard. Has anyone previously done read/write operations using the C language? Additionally, with the M24SR64-YMN6T IC, which module can I use for read/write operations? Can you assist?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

PN5180 is a reader/writer from the competition. Support for this product should be found on the community from this manufacturer. Anyway, it is unlikely that you receive support from their community for the specific features of the ST25DV64KC (e.g. Fast Transfer Mode).

Hence, I would recommend to use an NFC reader/writer from the ST25R family (e.g. ST25R95, ST25R3911B or ST25R3916B). The ST25R family provides a C language API (RFAL) to communicate with ISO15693 tags such as ST25DV64KC and ISO14443-A tags such as M24SR64. Ready to use C demos are provided as part of the ST25 embedded NFC library for ST25R readers and ST tags: it demonstrates how to poll for different technologies (i.e. ISO15693 and ISO14443) and how to read/write from/to tags. It can be reused in your own application.

Feel free to provide more information about your application.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

PN5180 is a reader/writer from the competition. Support for this product should be found on the community from this manufacturer. Anyway, it is unlikely that you receive support from their community for the specific features of the ST25DV64KC (e.g. Fast Transfer Mode).

Hence, I would recommend to use an NFC reader/writer from the ST25R family (e.g. ST25R95, ST25R3911B or ST25R3916B). The ST25R family provides a C language API (RFAL) to communicate with ISO15693 tags such as ST25DV64KC and ISO14443-A tags such as M24SR64. Ready to use C demos are provided as part of the ST25 embedded NFC library for ST25R readers and ST tags: it demonstrates how to poll for different technologies (i.e. ISO15693 and ISO14443) and how to read/write from/to tags. It can be reused in your own application.

Feel free to provide more information about your application.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
KemalUzgoren
Associate III

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information you provided. Your suggestions were incredibly valuable. I'm considering using an NFC reader/writer from the ST25R family. Additionally, it's great to know about the ready C demos provided as part of the ST25 embedded NFC library for ST25R readers and ST tags.

Thank you for your interest and help.

Best regards,

KU