cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you suggest an app or method that I can simulate the nfc antenna and see if it works?

SAçık.1
Associate

0693W00000aHoRtQAK.png0693W00000aHoTLQA0.pngI design NFC antenna using ST25TN01K(50pF) chip .This is my first time in RF design. I calculated data with edesignsuit that I shared first photo. Firstly I wonder is my design okay and proper? My design must be small and antenna coil inductance 2.58uH(2nd photo). Both ends of the antenna go directly into the chip.

Apart from these, is there anything else I should pay attention to or add?

Can you suggest an app or method where I can simulate the nfc antenna and see if it works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Henry Crane
ST Employee

Hello,

your design is good, no particular comment to do on it.

Read range of a RFID tag depends on many parameters (reader antenna size, number of turns, reader power level and sensitivity and tag antenna) very difficult to simulate.

Some measurement methods are described in AN2866 and AN2972 to build design variants and validtae the design prototype.

feel to contact us if you need more help.

Best regards,

Henry Crane RFID/NFC application engineer.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Henry Crane
ST Employee

Hello,

your design is good, no particular comment to do on it.

Read range of a RFID tag depends on many parameters (reader antenna size, number of turns, reader power level and sensitivity and tag antenna) very difficult to simulate.

Some measurement methods are described in AN2866 and AN2972 to build design variants and validtae the design prototype.

feel to contact us if you need more help.

Best regards,

Henry Crane RFID/NFC application engineer.