cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Minimum 125V DC Supply Voltage for STEVAL- IHM023V3 ?

MikeMikeMike
Associate

I have been using the PWD13F60 dual H Bridge IC which is a great device but the EVALPWD13F60 Eval board is limited to 2A_rms even though the IC is good for 8A DC due to thermal limitations of the eval board which is a shame as I really need to get about 4A. So i was hoping to jump on to an STEVAL-IHM023V3 using just two channels but I see it wants a minium 125V DC power line. My current power supply is limited to 120V DC which matches other requirements of my project. I was wondering where the 125VDC minimum requirment comes from on the EVALPWD13F60. I scanned the documentation and nothing obvious jumped out at me. Could I run oin 120V DC ?

1 REPLY 1
MikeMikeMike
Associate

I should clarify my typo in origial post. I meant to say where does the minimum 125V DC requirement come from on the STEVAL-IHM023V3 eval board. I would like to run the STEVAL-IHM023V3 with a 120V DC supply, just 5V lower than 125 VDC and so would like to understand what is giving the 125V DC min limitation and could I modify the board somehow to allow operation at my 120V. An easy resistor change somewhere ?? It is odd that the board has jumpers to allow operation from a low DC supply of 18V DC to 35VDC supply or you can choose a 125V DC to 400VDC or an AC supply . But why not cater for the mid 35V to 125V DC range ? I feel sure it must be modifiable to run at 120V so am just looking for some time and error saving advice on how to do that from the board's designer?

What stops working below 125V DC ?? It is a very busy board and I don't want to overlook something if I start hacking it! Not a cheap board either so i don't want to have to buy a second to pay for mistakes I make modifying the first lol!!

Thanks 🙂