cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-PMIC1K1 and USBSTICK issue

PAkRad
Associate III

Hello, we are testing the PMIC1 for a new design, so we bought a STEVAL-PMIC1K1 eval kit.

However, after some testing with the GUI, the STEVAL-USBSTICK suddenly stopped working.

It seems to be some kind of current drain that killed the device, because now the device is not detected on the computer. The PMIC1K1 isworking properly.

Is it possible to buy a replacement just for the USBSTICK ?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Personal support is available via the online support system OLS.

There you can create a personal ticket for your problem.

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

No, the STEVAL-USBSTICK is part of the set STEVAL-PMIC1K1 and acts as an USB-I2C interface. Unfortunately, it cannot be ordered as a stand-alone product.

If the problem is solved, please mark this thread as answered by selecting Select as best, as also explained here. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
PAkRad
Associate III

Thank you Peter.

Is it possible to reprogram a nucleo board as a USBSTICK?

We have some of those and if we need to repurchase everything, it will delay us some weeks.

Regards

All I know about the STEVAL USBSTICK is that it is part of the STEVAL-PMIC1K1. Since I don't have such a kit at hand and don't have any further information (circuit, software, not even a photo), Anyway, theoretically, one could use a NUCLEO for this, but it would have to be software-compatible with the STSW-PMIC1GUI, about which neither information nor the source code is available.

However, I would check the communication between STEVAL-USBSTICK and STEVAL-PMIC1K1 with an oscilloscope, maybe a defect of the USBSTICK can be excluded.

Regards

/Peter

PAkRad
Associate III

Hello Peter.

The problem is my STEVAL-USBSTICK is not detected by the computer anymore (not detected in the control panel), so I cannot check communications.

The PMIC1 board is working fine.

Would you mind to put me in contact with the people in support for the STEVAL USBSTICK?

Thank you

Personal support is available via the online support system OLS.

There you can create a personal ticket for your problem.

Good luck!

/Peter

PAkRad
Associate III

Thank you Peter!!