cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the STSPIN32F0A suitable as a gimbal motor controller without hall sensors(or other sensors)

Navanod
Associate

Im currently looking for a more intelligent replacement driver for our robotics wheels. Currently we use very small BLDC "WITHOUT sensors and it will stay that way" We have typically controlled the BLDC through a "PWM Table array" using 3 PWM channels of microcontroller but I want to free up the usage of pins. I need a driver that can control a very small Gimbal motor is a position mode from very slow to medium speeds. To get an idea of the size and tye of motor and how we have done the robotic control you can look here http://www.berryjam.eu/2015/04/driving-bldc-gimbals-at-super-slow-speeds-with-arduino/

This is for hundreds of wheeled robots and if its possible to drive the controller over i2c then that would be perfect.

I want to find a driver that can free up the 9 PWM channels on the MC side so that we can use those for other sensors.

all the best

Adam

1 REPLY 1
Navanod
Associate

I thought this was a fair enough question but seems nobody would know the answer