cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating STPMxx Energy Metering IC with Microcontroller: Overcoming Initialization Issues and Displaying Data in GUI Software

Mhamza_Nasir
Associate II

Hi, I hope this message finds you well. I have a query regarding the STPMxx energy metering IC and its Graphical User Interface (GUI). Specifically, I would like to know if it is possible to connect the STPM3x evaluation software directly to our microcontroller. Currently, I am using a microcontroller without the IC, but I have ordered the STPM34, and it will soon be delivered.

My microcontroller already has a firmware that communicates with the IC and retrieves register data such as voltage, current, and power. However, due to the unavailability of the IC at the moment, I am only displaying random or garbage data on the serial terminal. The firmware uses the SPI protocol, but since the IC is not connected, the initialization of the IC fails in the code. Therefore, I have bypassed the function and am attempting to display random data on the serial terminal.

When I connect the port with the GUI software, it connects easily and displays a message in the software log. However, the data cannot be displayed. Could you please guide me on whether it is possible to display voltage and current data in the software fields without the IC? I have used a microcontroller in Proteus software, where I make a virtual COM port to display parameters such as voltage and current.

Thank you. 0693W00000bhBH2QAM.png0693W00000bhBGxQAM.png0693W00000bhBGnQAM.png0693W00000bhBGiQAM.png0693W00000bhBHvQAM.png

1 REPLY 1
Mhamza_Nasir
Associate II

Could someone, preferably an ST official, provide a response to this query?