klaus239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on March 18, 2011 at 14:32

IBUUI (PCC009V2) and eval6470 Windows driver

16 REPLIES 16
flavio2
Associate II
Posted on May 17, 2011 at 10:20

So, is there anybody out there who got the STEVAL-PCC009V2 running with an own written software? Finally I'd like to control the L6470 on it's evaluation board. There is no problem when I use the dSpin Evaluation tool, but there is no connection with my own software combined with the DLL from ST.

I've tried the following two DLL from ST:

1) http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/223598.jsp - GUI and Firmware

2) http://www.st.com/internet/evalboard/product/246414.jsp - Firmware for STEVAL-PCC009V2 board

Perhaps both of them are not the right ones, but I couldn't find another DLL.

Has anybody an idea?

Thank you in advance

Flavio
klaus239955_stm1
Associate II

Dear Mr. Perucchi,

have you been able to figure out how communication to the EVAL6470 board via IBUUI (PCC009V2) has to be established?

I have exactly the same problem. The help file of the USB to serial SDK does not really help. It is too undetailed.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Klaus

klaus239955_stm1
Associate II

To all users of the dSpin Evaluation SW,

There is a bug in the software.

If you use a daisy-chain configuration, the 'Move' Button in the  'Positioning' tab always acts on device 0, regardless which device is selected!

@ Mr. Poli: Is there anything new about the non-functionality of the dSpin Evaluation Tool extension functions (i.e. ConfirmPopup function)?

Best Regards

Klaus

Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on May 31, 2011 at 08:43

Dear Mr. Steinbach,

I apologize for the waiting. I had some problems with my account.

First of all, thanks for your feedback on the evaluation software.

The development of the new revision of the evaluation software is almost completed. After the internal debug and validation phase we will made it available on the web.

The Python extentions will be fixed too.

Please, let us known any further suggestion for the software improvement

Best Regards

Enrico Poli

klaus239955_stm1
Associate II
Posted on June 07, 2011 at 14:00

Dear Mr. Poli,

Thanks for the info about the new revision that will be available soon. That's good news.

Here is a new hardware issue that may be interesting for all users.

As I already noted in one of my posts, I use a daisy chain configuration with 4 devices. While using the same settings, all of them run with a different velocity!

So I measured the OSCOUT Signal and found that the internal oszillator of all 4 devices is out of specification (16MHz +/- 3%). The highest deviation was +12%!

It seems that I have to use an external Oszillator at additional cost. +/- 3% deviation would be tolerable in my application, but not 12%.

Is that 'standard' for this IC? Is STmicro working on an improvement?

Best Regards

Klaus

Enrico Poli
ST Employee
Posted on June 08, 2011 at 08:32

Dear Mr. Steinbach,

Could you please send me the marking of the device?

Thanks

Best Regards

flavio2
Associate II
Posted on June 15, 2011 at 10:27

Dear All

I am working now with the EVAL6470 board a few days. It works very nice, but not with the STEVAL-PCC009V2. I used another USB to SPI converter board (Diolan U2C) to interact with the evalboard. This is sufficient for me to develop our application.

If you haven't already a solution with the STEVAL-PCC009V2, this could probably help you.

Kind regards

F. Perucchi