cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion Regarding STPMS2 and STPM34 ICs GUI Software: Configuration, Calibration, and Measurement.

Mhamza_Nasir
Associate II

I am currently experiencing some confusion regarding the graphical user interface (GUI) software for STPMS2 and STPM34 integrated circuits (ICs). While STSW-STPM005 appears to be exclusively designed for use with the EVAL3PHISO kit and the STPMS2 IC included on the evaluation board, I am uncertain whether this software can be used for configuring, calibrating, and measuring the STPM34 IC.

I have also explored the STPM3x evaluation software and noticed that it provides functionality for calibrating and configuring STPM32, STPM33, and STPM34 ICs. In the interface tab of the software, there are two interfaces available: a USB interface and a STEVAL-IPE023V1 interface. If I use a USB interface, could you please specify which software I should use for configuring, calibrating, and measuring the STPM34 IC?

In an attempt to address this issue, I have begun developing a code for my microcontroller that writes data to the USART Tx pin, and I have connected the microcontroller to the software using an FT232 USB to TTL converter. The IC is also connected to the microcontroller, and whenever I perform any operation from the software, I receive hex data on the microcontroller Rx pin.

However, when attempting to read the voltage, current, active power, and reactive power data from the software, I am unable to do so using the data format I am currently utilizing. I have written "id=1" to indicate phase 1, followed by the voltage value that I have fetched from the IC. The final data format I am using to display the data in the software is "1,234" for voltage, "1,20" for current, "1,1.67" for power, and "1,2.2" for reactive power. When combined, the resulting string that I push to the USART Tx pin of my microcontroller is "ID, DATA" formatted as "1,234,20,1.67,2.2" and in hex as "32 33 34 2c 32 30 2c 31 2e 36 37 2c 32 2e 32". However, the software is unable to read or display this data.

Can you please assist me in resolving this issue and provide guidance on how to fetch data in the software from my microcontroller? Furthermore, if possible, could you provide the appropriate data format for displaying the data in the software?

Thank you.

0 REPLIES 0