Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST8500 Working Principle

_marco95_
Associate II

Hi,

I'm evaluating ST8500 board, having purchased the complete kit 

Complete kit integrate an STM32G0 nucleo board that as my understanding is connected to ST8500 using UART (default baud 115200).

I found out the G3 message format (header, checksum, payload, ...) but I don't know what kind of messages the ST8500 reads.

What I want to achieve is to create a firmware for nucleo that sends a formatted command to ST8500. The command should be forwarded to ST8500 #2 that forwards the command through UART to the nucleo #2. Of course, I have two kits to validate chain.

Is it possible to send custom messages? What command should be used? Is there any init procedure to be accomplished to let the ST8500 operative? I can't get the ST8500 source code nor schematics.

Can you help me how to get started? I only analyzed the free RTOS nucleo example.

Thanks 

Marco.

2 REPLIES 2
Johi
Senior III

Did you check this link?

https://www.st.com/en/interfaces-and-transceivers/st8500.html#documentation 

There is a lot of material there, a quick scan reveals that it should be possible to send data over these interfaces with the different communication technologies available.

Maybe I did not understand your question correctly?

Hi Johi,

I'm really sorry to bother you but I succesfully estabilished connection between 2 nodes and exchange UDP data between two nodes.

Now, I need to send data only to a specific ipv6 address. As far as I understood, I need the unique short address of each node in order to build an unique destination address. But I cannot see any command in order to get the list of short address of every device part of  the PAN network, thus I don't know how to set up the UDP destination address. Can you help about this issue? What is the correct approach to be used in order to direct a packet to a specific node?

Thanks and regards.