cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black bill stm32f401cc swo feature enable .

AhmedSayed
Associate II

i am working with black pill board  that uses stm32f401cc
and i have a debugger that was attached to neucleo board stm32f401re and i broke it from the board , the black bill debug pins only have the ground and the 3.3 and the swsck and the swdio ,i connected the debggeer of the neculo and it is working fine with it but i want to enable the swo pin to be able to use printf , should i connect the swo of the debugger to the pin pb3 of the black bill board direclty after enableing the trace async sw from the cube mx and it will work? or should i add some resistor for protection between the two pins ,and does adding a 1k between the two pins resistor for exmaple will affect anything ?

2 REPLIES 2
RhSilicon
Lead

There is a sequence of videos that addresses this debug issue, see if you can solve your problem:

https://www.google.com/search?q=stm32+youtube+advanced+debug

TDK
Guru

> should i connect the swo of the debugger to the pin pb3 of the black bill board direclty after enableing the trace async sw from the cube mx and it will work?

Yes, provided nothing else is connected to that pin.

> or should i add some resistor for protection between the two pins ,and does adding a 1k between the two pins resistor for exmaple will affect anything ?

You can add an inline 1K if you want, it won't affect functionality, just avoid adding capacitance to either side.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".