cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to eMoticom eM007 ECU

Ian Lowe
Associate II

I have an eMoticom eM007 ECU on a motorcycle which has been developed from the SPC5-L9177A-K02 dev kit. I wish to connect to the ECU to download the bin file so I can learn to tune it. The ECU has a canbus connector with 4 pins +12v, Gnd, CAN-H, and CAN-L. I have purchased the ST-Link-V3MODS board with the view of using the bridge CAN interface to connect to the ECU. How should this be connected as the Bridge CAN only has logic signals Rx/Tx using pins 9 and 10 on CN2. Any help will be appreciated as I don't want to brick the ECU on connection.

Will I be able to use the STM32CubeProgrammer to download the bin file from the ECU and re-flash it once the edits to the tune have been done. Also will it be possible to write on the fly.

9 REPLIES 9
ODOUV.1
ST Employee

Hello,

STM32CubeProgrammer and ST-Link probe are used to program and debug STM32 processors (ARM based)

Your SPC5-L9177A-K02 product is not using a STM32 but a SPC572L processor (PowerPC based)

You will need SPC5Studio tool to work with it:

SPC5-L9177A-K02 - Small Engine EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) Reference Design for SPC572L MCU and L9177A Driver - STMicroelectronics

Best Regards.

Ian Lowe
Associate II

I'm not sure I have communicated my question correctly. I don't have the SPC5-L9177A-K02 dev kit

I have an eMoticom eM007 ECU that has a canbus connector with 4 pins +12v, Gnd, CAN-H, and CAN-L. I wish to connect to the canbus to download the bin file so I can use that in a tuning program to learn the tuning process. I will need an interface board and software to download the bin. Will any of you link tools and software packages do this.

Pretty sure the STM32 tools are not going to help you here

This is the SPC5 JTAG tools

https://www.st.com/content/ccc/resource/technical/document/data_brief/99/b2/3e/62/83/15/47/fe/DM00085838.pdf/files/DM00085838.pdf/jcr:content/translations/en.DM00085838.pdf

My expectation is that you're going to need to find an eMoticom programming scene forum to walk you through the processes, and what can/cannot be extracted from the the device.

Figure out what CAN Tools people are using for these boards.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hi Tesla, thanks for your reply. I have previously looked at the SPC5-UDESTK JTAG debugger for SPC5 MCUs, This has been designed to plug directly into the SPC5-L9177A-K02 dev kit. Where as I am looking for a USB to CAN adapter which can communicate on the CAN-H and CAN-L canbus port of the ECU. There doesn't seem to be much of a community wishing to tune these ECU's I have only come across one other person who has made up a passthrough cable and downloaded the bin file and he isn't willing to release any information. That's why I have turned to the ST community since STM have been a partner in the development of the ECU.

Regards

Ian

I'm also looking for information about communicating with the notebook via a USB cable: Can. There is the eM008 adapter specific to our motorcycle, Ian Lowe. I just received my bike and I need to adjust it. Were you able to access the ECU? Do you have eMoticom's own software? Will an alternative cable identify the appropriate software for the eM007?

I am doing extensive research on laptop communication with the EM007 center and I came to this community. I received my motorcycle equipped with this control unit and I want to manufacture the USB : OBD2 communication cable. I already have the software and driver. I want to know if you took the components and assembled them? And if you can help me.

DNiemeyer
Associate II

Doing some tests I discovered that the OBD2 protocol probably has not been implemented in the system, correcting my sentence above it would be USB : CAN.
I intend to find a ready-made adapter on the market that meets my demand, I ordered some and am waiting for them to arrive.
Do I think there's a chance?

Hi Ian, do you have any news?

I did extensive research and still haven't found relevant information about an adapter model or usb tool that works. I'll make my attempts.
Even better would be some guidance from more knowledgeable people like you.