cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using FP-IND-PREDMINT1 for determining the frequency of vibration

PVaaz.1
Associate III

Hello, 

I am using FP-IND-PREDMNT1 and new to this . From the data website it says it is used for time and frequency domain signal processing and analysis of 3D digital accelerometers with flat bandwidth up to 6 kHz. 

I wanted to know if is it possible to determine the frequency of a vibrating signal(constant but varying after some time 5-10 mins ) .

The frequency range is from 100-300 Hz.

Is it possible to get the exact frequency range from the FP-IND-PREDMNT1. Which software example?

Regards,

P

2 REPLIES 2
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @PVaaz.1​ ,

All the examples available into the package can cover your use case.

STEVAL BFA001V2 (via BLE Sensor app or serial USB) and STEVAL-STWINKT1B (via BLE Sensor app or wifi to a cloud dashboard in addition with STEVAL-STWINWFV1) demonstrations use IIS3DWB sensor, a 3D digital accelerometers with flat bandwidth up to 6 kHz.

In alternative, you can use X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2, X-NUCLEOIKS01A3, STEVAL-MKI182V2 (DIL24 based on ISM330DLC) and X-NUCLEOBNRG2A1 connected to a NUCLEO-F446RE board. In this case, the ISM330DLC component has a lower flat bandwidth (up to 3KHz).

All the demonstrations can fit your setup: both accelerometers can work properly around the requeste range.

For all the examples you are free to setup your preferred alarms and setup the FFT parameters to cover your use case

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Hello,
Thanks for the response. I am checking in to this.
Best',
P