cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STWIN Trigger reset button via USB or Firmware

MKlan.1
Associate

Hi!

I have a STEVAL-STWINKT1B sensor running the HSDatalog firmware.

I am interfacing with it using an USB cable via linux and a modified version of the "cli_example" relying on the "HSDatalog.h" interface, which I am compiling using cmake.

When running the program from the command line terminal, the program runs fine. However, if the recording is prematurely interrupted for some reason, the sensor can get stuck, and it is impossible to start a new connection with it.

The simple solution to this is just by pressing the reset-button on the sensor, which after a few seconds solves the problem. However, I would like to be able to perform this reset without any manual interference. So my question is:

Is it possible to trigger a reset of the sensor by either a command through the USB/Cpp-code, or by embedding some kind of code-trigger in the firmware? (For example whenever the sensor receives power from the USB).

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
niccolò
ST Employee

Hi @MKlan.1​ ,

you can use the function HAL_NVIC_SystemReset() when the USB is connected

the USB connection is shown by some function in the USB drivers, you should be able to find it

I think that is the most easy way of tackling the problem

Niccolò

TomRett
Associate III

Hello, im interested in reseting the firmware. Im using the AutoMode and i switch to the firmware HSDatalog via a bootloader. It says "HSDatalog also features the Automode, which can be initiated automatically at device power-up or reset". How can i define the reset to only reset the system beginning from a specific FLASH address, since my HSDatalog firmware is located at 0x08019000 and my Bootloader firmware at 0x08000000? If i press the RST button on the board it jumps back to the Bootloader.