cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-STWINKT1B simultaneous aquisition of 8 mems microphones and logging to SD card

David_Wallis
Associate

I have been looking at the STEVAL-STWINKT1B sensor tile and the X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 library. Is it possible to record 8 mems microphones to SD card with this board? I need phase coherence for array processing. All the examples seem to be a maximum of 4 microphones.

I could use analogue or digital microphones. It would be nice to store PCM data on the SD card but I could do the decimation from PDM recordings on a PC along with the array processing.

1 REPLY 1
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @David_Wallis 

As you said, X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 is the reference software and natively it can support up to 4 microphones. Furthermore, there is no STEVAL product from ST providing so many microphones in a unique product.

So, there is no ready-to-use solution for your use case.

STEVAL-STWINKT1B exposes different peripherals via STMod+ interface and AudioCoupon Connector. They can use to link both analog or digital microphones (i.e.: via DFSDM, SAI, SPI).

So, the board has the HW capabilities to support a processing chain for 8 microphone acquisition.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.