cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-MKI190v1 integration with python directly without using a microcontroller

rickforescue
Associate III

Hello Community,

I am working on a machine learning project and I am using an accelerometer sensor "STEVAL-MKI190v1". The board description and documentation can be found on this link The driver files for it is available on this github link. Now I have my example working with a STM Nucleo board with mbed OS on it.

I want to take it further and link it to raspberry pi directly. I want to connect the sensor board directly to raspberry pi and read the accelerometer data via serial port.

My wuestion is is that possible ? If yes how? I went throught web but there are no pythonic support that I found. Has some one tried it? Pleas help!

Thanks

Rick

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

I have not tried this, but there are approaches to address such sensors with Python. A Github project of the similar LIS2DW12 can be found here.

Maybe this helps?

Regards and good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for reply @Peter BENSCH​ . I too cam across this github repository. I am still working on it. It seems to me at this point not very straight forward, but yeah no comments on the solution untill I exhaust my ideas. Lets see what this brings up. Would be great if it actually works. I will share my views in the community after I complete my tries