cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST_ sensors driver linux BIG PROBLEM

PRegn.1
Associate II

I have an embedded platform AT91SAM9260 based running on a buildroot based Linux with kernel 4.19.78-linux4sam-6.2 which includes an LSM6DSO and a LIS2MDLTR as well.

When st_* drivers are loaded all communications via i2c is returning EBUSY and even gpioget does not work. Unloading the driver makes everything work fine.

libiio does not have the necessary hooks in your drivers to function properly (according to libiio developers)

So why is i2c comms always returning EBUSY?

This is VERY incovenient.

Why isn't even gpioget on our processor not working on the GPIO pin connected to INT1 on the LSM6DSO when working fine on all other GPIO pins.

your support of iio is marginal at best, no access to individual registers ... only way to access registers is by mounting /sys/kernel/debug and access from there

So should i delete your drivers from the kernel configuration and go i2c all the way seeing that it is impossible to use your iio?

Thanks for a prompt answer

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @PR.4egnouf​ ,

I suggest you open, since in this way you can interface directly with the ST Linux experts for the MEMS&Sensors, and specifically opening an issue in the LSM6DSO page --> st_lsm6dso.

Please let me know if any feedback.

-Eleon

PRegn.1
Associate II

Thanks Eleon, done that.

However answers are even longer to come. When reporting it as a bug.

Would still appreciate any comment pointing in the right direction

Thanks

Hi @PR.4egnouf​ ,

I'll try to ask internally and I'll let you know in case of positive feedback.

-Eleon

PRegn.1
Associate II

Still nothing on the bug report, ( https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STMems_Linux_IIO_drivers/issues/12 ) I would appreciate any feedback on that problem and suggestions on how to overcome it

Thanks

Hi @PR.4egnouf​ ,

let's wait for https://github.com/mariotesi then.

-Eleon

>>libiio does not have the necessary hooks in your drivers to function properly (according to libiio developers)

Perhaps look at what hooks/support are necessary, add those, and submit a patch.

Perhaps look over other successful libiio implementations and provide details of how to improve the ST implementation.

Generally with open source you need to own your own support burden, or fund development/developers who get the work done. Simply complaining that something is broken, or not at a desired level of functionality, tend not to be motivators.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..