cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUCLEO-IKS02A1 and Unicleo-GUI

FBitt.1
Associate II

Hi All,

has someone already connected this demo board with the Unicleo-GUI?

The code runs in debug, I can get data out on a console, but the GUI would never regognise/find my board... :anxious_face_with_sweat: .

The IDE is STM32CubeIDE running on Win7, and the code has been generated from the Cube interface when setting up the project.

All available additionnal Software has been included (Board extension, Device Application- DataLog and all the motion libraries.).

Thank you for your help.👍

6 REPLIES 6
Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hi,

the Unicleo-GUI cooperates with only selected firmware like DatalogExtended, AccelerometerCalibration, and others which are available in X-CUBE-MEMS1 package.

You can download the X-CUBE-MEMS1 zip file form st.com and inside this package you will find already prepared project for IKS02A1.

You don't have to generate the project through CubeMX.

Please be aware the DataLog application sends data to a terminal not to Unicleo-GUI. Unicleo-GUI uses specific communication protocol.

FBitt.1
Associate II

Hello Miroslav,

thank you for your answer.

It took me a while to realize the DataLog was sending to terminal only 😅 .

DataLog now works properly.

However, my goal is to have the DataLogExtended working; my Nucleo Board is a STM32F439ZI, and I am struggling to port the project from the F401 to my demo board.

I have followed the "Getting started with the STMicroelectronics X-CUBE-MEMS1 software package for STM32CubeMX" document, trying to add the DMA to the project, I have also copied and modified the files from the original project. Unfiortunately the Unicleo-GUI doesn't recognize my board (the port appears in my device manager window, though).

Is there a more straigthforward way to port this project?

Why doesn't it appear in the Additional Software Component list, like the IKS02A1_DataLog?

Thank you for your help.👍

Miroslav BATEK
ST Employee

Hi,

I suppose you use NUCLEO-F439ZI which has ST-Link and it works also as UART to USB converter. You will always see the port in the device manager, the FW in the MCU don't have any influence on it.

I believe porting from F401 to F439 should not be difficult, you can try to modify directly existing project not to generate new one.

Unfortunately there is no more straightforward way, the DatalogExtended is much more complex project than pure DataLog and it would be very difficult to prepare it in the generic format and have in in the Additional Software list.

Hello Miroslav,

I had a close issue that the other member had, but I am working on a stm32h7xx board and I have seen that in the MEMS1 package there is not any example project for DataLogExtended dedicated for this board. What can I do if I want to test the ML part on UNICLEO GUI?

Thank you in advance!

Hello,

I'm afraid there is no simple solution, I'm sorry. The solution I see is to port DatalogExtended project to your board with STM32H7xx.

Or to buy one of the STM32 NUCLEO board which is directly supported by the X-CUBE-MEMS1 for your testing purposes.

Hello,

Thank you for your response!